Great saving money ideas that are tried and proven. This is what you need and are being given. Five doable frugal spending ideas. Spending is easy; anybody can do that with no problem. Spending wisely, however, is another story.
Virtually all people have sensible reasons to save, whether it is to break free from debt, substitute lost income from a layoff or pay cut, lay aside for the children's college education, arrange for a rainy day, and save up for retirement. For sure you have come up with your own reasons.
Whatever your cause, there an area in your life that you are able to financially curtail without involving much pain. Here are some of those painless saving money ideas:
1. Don't use your credit card, deal in cash. Cash is the real deal, whereas using the plastic defers the pain of spending until the bill comes. It's harder to fork out $150 in cash for those new black pumps, isn't it? If this kind of spending is out of control, get some help with credit cards.
2. If you can walk to a destination, then don't drive. It's better for your health and saves on gas. If you do drive, drive like you have a hybrid car. By that I mean coast when you can and accelerate slowly. Driving like this gets you better gas mileage which saves you some greenback.
Did you know that if you run your errands in a clockwise direction you will save gas and time because you're making right hand turns? Frugal spending is everywhere if you look.
3. Spending money wisely also includes getting a thermostat that is programmable. That way you can set temperatures at a comfortable level when you're home and at dollar saving levels when you're at work or asleep.
4. Do you really need a home phone? Many people are relying on their cell phones and doing away with home phones and long distance charges. Saving money ideas include checking out options such as Skype, which allows you to talk through a headset hooked to your computer to anywhere in the world -- and it's free.
5. Plan ahead on big ticket item purchases. If you know you'll be needing a new washer in the not-so-distant future, start watching for sales. Also find out when the newest models come out because they'll be having sales on the old models to make way for the new.
Using some of these saving money ideas from this page does not have to be sheer torture. Pay attention to where your income is going and cut back first where it's easy to do so. Pick one from the above list, or another of our money saving techniques, to become part of your regular lifestyle.
Luxuries can still be a part of your life, but consciously decide which luxuries you can afford. Remember why you want to save and these doable frugal spending ideas will help you reach your goal.
I have many more of the easiest ways to save money to help you.
Be sure to sign up to receive an informative newsletter to help you stretch your dollar, get debt free, and live a financially free life. Plus, you will receive exclusive access to upcoming eBooks, Podcasts, and courses to help you thrive financially and personally.